Saturday, July 10, 2010

Additional Income Tax relief upto Rs 20,000/- in investment in Infrastructure bond.

The Central Government have specified bonds to be issued by (i) Industrial Finance Corporation of India; (ii) Life Insurance Corporation of India; (iii) Infrastructure Development Finance Company Limited; and (iv) a Non-Banking Finance Company classified as an infrastructure finance company by the Reserve Bank of India; as “Long-term Infrastructure Bond” for the purpose of section 80CCF of the Income Tax Act, 1961. 

Investment in these bonds up to rupees twenty thousand will be eligible for deduction from the total income of the assessee. The deduction will be in addition to the deduction of rupees one lakh allowed under sections 80C, 80CCC and 80CCD of the Act. 

The tenure of the Bonds shall be a minimum of ten years with a lock-in period of five years for an investor. It will be mandatory for the subscriber to furnish permanent account number to the issuer for investment in the bonds. 

2 comments:

Darwin Smith said...

Hi,

This is really interesting take on the concept. I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think it will be a great use of new ideas and informations.

Income Tax Relief

mahakk01 said...

I am one of the regular followers of your blog. I visit your site on daily basic because whenever I visit your site I come to something new and latest advancement. This time I know about additional income tax relief. Initially I had no clue about it but now I have complete information.
electronic signatures

It may kindly be noted that comments published in this blog are the views of our readers. The administrator of this blog is not responsible in any way regarding the comments and opinions expressed here.
Viewers are requested to post relevant comments only and abstain from making any comment which can hurt any person or group.

My Headlines